What’s new in MassMotion 9.0
- Import and heal 2D drawings.
- Create floors, links, stairs, ramps, escalators, portals, barriers directly from 2D drawings.
- Trace over complex geometry, drawings, or imported images to create simplified objects.
- Align objects and components with other elements in the scene using object snap (see Transforming Objects).
- Change local frame of reference for translation/rotation/scale using manipulator snap (see Changing the Reference Frame ).
- Edit imported reference geometry like any other object.
- Protect reference geometry from inadvertent editing through a new 'locked' property.
- Imported reference geometry is deleted instead of hidden when converting to MassMotion objects (see Application Preferences).
- Import 2D dwg files.
- Import Sketchup files.
- Import image (jpg, png) files as textured rectangles to be used as references or decoration.
- Control events based on changing conditions in the scene through the use of Triggers.
- New Trip Matrix event for origin/destination based demand.
- Specify a table based schedule for Gate, Server and Broadcast (formerly Action) events.
- Use collections in Timetable. Profile, token, portal, and gate entries can now be the name of a collection containing profiles, tokens, portals, or gates.
- Gates can be set to default open or closed.
- Gate events can both open and close gates
- Gate events can apply to a single direction.
- Gate events can apply selectively to agents using agent tests.
- Use new open server event to open/close access to a server, or hold/release agents after processing.
- Use tests to control contact times, allowing them to change over the course of a simulation.
- Use new ways to distribute agents across servers: largest available capacity, smallest distance, smallest cost.
MassMotion Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Core focus on agent creation, movement, and behaviour
- Written in C++
- Scripting language bindings for Java, Python, .NET
- Limit boarding access to vehicle cars based on car capacity.
- Specify and/or show through passengers.
- Control pre-arrival time for alighters, boarders, and through passengers.
- Test population counts in areas or on servers using 'Area Population'.
- Test whether or not an event is actively operating on the scene (creating agents, opening gates, etc.) using 'Event Active'.
- Test whether gates or servers are open or closed using 'Gate State' or 'Server State'.
- Test whether agents are in a greater variety of area types including regions, floors, links, stairs, ramps, and escalators using 'In Area'.
- Use tests in new ways (see Where Tests are Used).
- Give agents a series of tests to execute until a condition is met using 'Do Until'.
- Repeat the same action and task until a condition is met using 'Repeat.
- Delay execution of an action until after a task is complete using 'Apply Action'.
- Control how long agents wait using duration, target time, or a new test.
- Projects are automatically saved at intervals. Manage auto save from application preferences.
- There have been changes to how density is calculated, and the default relationship between density and speed. For more information see Speed at Density.
- Hide empty rows or columns in the Origin/Destination table query.
- Automatically execute and export queries using the new command line options '-query', '-queryall', and '-csvseparator' (see Console Simulation Window).
The following objects have been renamed:
It is now possible to view the status of events from a simulation run using the Event Observer.