GSA 184.108.40.206 – Fixes — General
- When grid loading is used and only selected results are required the expanded beam loads get deleted when the analysis completes resulting in incorrect results along elements.
[NCR11310] (Fixed 24 July 2017)
- The ‘Reset Grid/Face Loading’ command will not clear face loads expanded for load panel elements when there are no grid planes or grid loads in the model.
[NCR11312] (Fixed 26 July 2017)
GSA Recent Fixes — Analysis
- Nonlinear analysis does not converge if nodes in a rigid constraint belong to the current analysis stage do not connect to any active elements
[NCR11319] (Fixed 31 July 2017)
- If 2D element in-plane thickness is modified, the buckling analysis and p-delta analysis results are incorrect
[NCR11333] (Fixed 14 August 2017)
GSA Recent Fixes — Design
- In RC Slab if user dedfined reinforcements are specified, reinforcement areas cannot be calculated.
[NCR11336] (Fixed 18 August 2017)
- The relative displacement option for response spectrum analysis now includes rotations as well as translations.
GSA 220.127.116.11 – Fixes — General
- GSA refuses to read view settings from a .gwb file if the model sets contain a critical sequence of entity numbers.
[NCR11268] (Fixed 6 June 2017)
- GSA crashes if a combination case is input whose descrption refers to an analysis task that does not exist.
[NCR11286] (Fixed 29 June 2017)
GSA 18.104.22.168 – Fixes — Analysis
- GSA crashes when doing p-delta analysis and p-delta modal buckling analysis with combination case as p-delta case, the workaround is to use equivalent analysis as p-delta case.
[NCR11249] (Fixed 22 May 2017)
- GSA crashes trying to run footfall analysis if no response nodes have been set.
[NCR11260] (Fixed 31 May 2017)
- Tool for generating “Spectrum Scaling factors of modes” does not work if user defined spectrum is used.
[NCR11273] (Fixed 14 June 2017)
- Beam translational releases do not work correctly in nonlinear analysis if displacements are large.
[NCR11274] (Fixed 14 June 2017)
GSA 22.214.171.124 – Fixes — Design
- HK steel design: While checking buckling interaction, the steel checker incorrectly uses the plastic section capacity instead of the elastic section capacity when the section is plastic.
[NCR11235] (Fixed 9 May 2017)
GSA 126.96.36.199 – Fixes — Table Views
- 2D Element Loading Thermal: Editing the last row via wizard could crash GSA.
[NCR11289] (Fixed 16 June 2017)
- The output axes are now reported in the Report tab of the Object Viewer. Also if ‘displayed results’ is selected the output axes are set to the output axes of the displayed results.
GSA 188.8.131.52 – Fixes — General
- When using load panels to distribute load the reference edge can get lost resulting in the load being attributed to the wrong edges.
[NCR11208] (Fixed 29 March 2017)
GSA 184.108.40.206 – Fixes — Analysis
- The calculation of modal damping from material damping is incorrect when the model contains elements with releases.
[NCR11205] (Fixed 27 March 2017)
- GSA crashes trying to analyse in GSS where there are links in the model that refer to non-existent nodes.
[NCR11212] (Fixed 31 March 2017)
- GSA crashes analysing a small number of models containing load panels.
[NCR11215] (Fixed 3 April 2017)
- GSA crashes setting up dynamic, P-delta, Ritz and model stability analysis when there are combination cases in the model that refer to non-existent combinations.
[NCR11216] (Fixed 4 April 2017)
GSA 220.127.116.11 – Fixes — Design
- When the required reinforcement areas are very small, sometimes RC slab design fails to calculate the reinforcement areas and wrongly shows impossible to calculate the reinforcement areas.
[NCR11214] (Fixed 27 March 2017)
- When extra eccentrcity has been defined in RC slab property, the calculated reinforcement areas may not be correct.
[NCR11223] (Fixed 20 April 2017)
Interface with Third Party Software
- The GSA-Revit link is now compatible with Revit 2018.
GSA 18.104.22.168 – Fixes — General
- GSA crashes when running ‘Create Patterned Loads’ from Tools menu if element list of beam loads is empty. The workaround is to delete this beam load or add element to the element list.
[NCR11116] (Fixed 19 January 2017)
- When pasting explicit postions into the assemblies table the units can get lost resulting in the values being interpreted as SI.
[NCR11121] (Fixed 30 January 2017)
- Some of the total forces/moments are not written to gwa files.
[NCR11155] (Fixed 1 March 2017)
- When reading text files, GSA garbles combination cases with envelopes of combinations that are later in the file.
[NCR11179] (Fixed 10 March 2017)
- When reading gwa files some items can get a ‘version’ number added to the name. Ths affects Grid Planes, Grid Lines and Polylines.
[NCR11181] (Fixed 13 March 2017)
- When reading section (PROP_SEC) records from gwa files the section formation type is ignored.
[NCR11193] (Fixed 17 March 2017)
GSA 22.214.171.124 – Fixes — Analysis
- When node loads are applied to nodes that are inactive in the solution, these loads are still included in the total loads and in the ignored node list. This does not affect the rest of the analysis. This is now modified so that these loads are ignored.
[NCR11128] (Fixed 6 February 2017)
- Creep factor defined in stage definition is missed out for thermal load in linear (GSS) analysis.
[NCR11129] (Fixed 6 February 2017)
- Creep factor defined in stage definition is missed out in nonlinear (GsRelax) analysis .
[NCR11130] (Fixed 6 February 2017)
- If beam element has axial release and the release end is connected to a Link element, the link element forces and moments will not be available from nonlinear analysis.
[NCR11145] (Fixed 23 February 2017)
GSA 126.96.36.199 – Fixes — Design
- EC3 steel design: EC3 steel design grade S450 (EN) name is shown incorrectly as S460 (EN).
[NCR11176] (Fixed 9 March 2017)
- EC3 steel design: The steel checker incorrectly uses the yield strength when selecting a buckling curve. This sometimes gives a conservative estimate of buckling capacity for S460 steel grade.
[NCR11187] (Fixed 15 March 2017)
- When a load design code is set in the new model wizard, the selected code is ignored and reset to Undefined.
[NCR11192] (Fixed 16 March 2017)
GSA 188.8.131.52 – Fixes — Interface with Third Party Software
- GsRevit: Orientation of framing members (beams and braces) is not imported into Revit 2016/2017.
[NCR11120] (Fixed 24 January 2017) (Released in GsRevit_R16/R17 184.108.40.206)
GSA 220.127.116.11 – New Features — Analysis
- Footfall analysis using AISC SDG11 (Vibrations of Steel-Framed Structural Systems Due to Human Activity) 2nd edition for walking on floor, walking on stair and running on floor.
- Load panel elements can now be bounded by zero length link elements as well as beam/bar elements. This allows for modified ‘releases’ to be set in different stages. No load is applied to the link elements. An additional check is made for load panels that are bounded by coincident elements.
GSA 18.104.22.168 – New Features — Design
- In RC slab design, a new parameter (user defined additional eccentricity) is added to RC slab property, this will allow users to explicitly define this additional eccentricity to consider the slenderness effect of the RC slab/wall when in-plane forces are significant.