MassMotion 5.0 - RELEASED NOW
The latest release of MassMotion is now ready for use. Version 5.0 introduces some significant new features into the software that will make the simulation process more efficient and effective. The TOP 6 new features are listed below
- Actions Manager
- Process Manager
- Improved Agent Dynamics
- Bi-directional flow enhancements (cornering and channelling behaviour)
- Support for Autodesk Softimage 2013
The video below provides a quick overview of the Actions Manager.
The video below shows how we have improved the bi-directional flow around corners and also the behaviour of agents when congestion occurs around a small aperture. The process has been improved to represent real life situations more realistically.
MassMotion is the next generation of crowd simulation software for analysing crowds and pedestrian movement.
The software has truly unique qualities, with leading solution technology, it allows simulations of tens of thousands of individual agents within a complex 3D environment in real time with relative ease. Outside of real time simulation MassMotion is capable of dealing with over a million agents, making it a class leader in high performance simulation of pedestrians and crowds.
What will MassMotion do for you?
Our leading technology provides designers, operators, and owners with clear information about crowding, usage patterns, and occupant safety in a facility. This predictive power enables positive decisions to be made early in the design process with minimum cost and disruption. As designs evolve or issues arise, MassMotion can be used to conduct scenario testing for further optimization of the program and form of a project.
You can either construct the model in MassMotion or import a 3D model from a wide range of products including AutoCAD, MicroStation, Sketch-Up, Rhino and Revit. You then identify floors, barriers, links and portals along with the profiles of the ‘agents’ such as speed, tasks, volume etc. In the simulation stage you can then model hundreds of thousands of agents, each of whom has their own agenda and will respond to changes in real time. For example they may choose to take the stairs when faced with congestion at an escalator, or join the queue for a turnstile that has just switched from closed to open.
Due MassMotion’s 64-bit multi-threaded design which takes full advantage of multi-core processors and any available RAM, you can model huge crowds, and because changes to geometry are automatically computed, you can easily test, re-design, re-test without the burden of lengthy remodelling or reprocessing cycles. All this on an ordinary desktop PC.
The simulation is based on academic research, supported by observed crowd behaviour and rendered with gaming quality graphics.
Once the simulation has completed you can use the analysis tool to examine how long it took people to get from one point to another, the flow rates for doors, stairs and escalators, and the comfort rating in different parts of the model and at different times. All this can be output as easy to understand graphs and visuals.
What is MassMotion used for?
There are many applications for MassMotion, it is highly adaptable to suit a wide variety of pedestrian issues at the planning stage or detailed design phase of a project.
Use it to simulate transit operations, venues/special events, and evacuation scenarios; stations, airport terminals, healthcare facilities, office towers and arenas/stadiums.
- Airport Terminal Design & Planning – including curbside with vehicles, passenger movement and processing, baggage handling, groundside operations modeling
- Rail & Transit Terminal Planning – large high density crowds and schedule based activity, neighbourhood dispersion including signalled road crossings
- District Modelling – unparalleled scalability will enable the complete simulation of large swaths of urban areas
- Fire & Evacuation Planning – validated multi-floor evacuation by stairs, evacuations including elevators
- The ONLY fully 3-dimensional program of its kind, built with gaming quality graphics
- True way finding - the ONLY program that has the ability to program individual personalities with unique agendas from start to finish in their journey through the environment