DefinIT and the CIC Scope of Services
DefinIT facilitates the use of the Construction Industry Council (CIC) Scope of Services, the integrated and detailed scopes of services for use by members of the project team undertaking the definition process (design and related activities) on major building projects.
The CIC Services provides clients with a full menu of integrated services that will be required for the complete definition of the project to be constructed, regardless of whether it is to be done by a consultant, specialist or contractor. Particular tasks are allocated to the most appropriate participant, thereby always defining interfaces between parties and avoiding gaps or misunderstandings.
The CIC Services and DefinIT provide the only industry standard documentation that provides the clarity and integration necessary to deliver design that can deliver client value.
Using the CIC Services results in the
- integration of multiple disciplines to achieve project objectives;
- transparent responsibilities for project definition tasks;
- clarity of inter-relationships and interfaces between definition tasks;
- elimination of inconsistencies, and over and under-laps between individual scopes;
- team alignment, based on clear expectations and shared understanding;
- flexibility to respond to project definition outputs, eg as procurement routes are agreed;
- leading to elimination of waste, giving greater efficiency and team effectiveness.
DefinIT usage and charges
The 30-day trial version of DefinIT allows you to experiment with the software of a demo project. Once you have purchased a full licence you can create and work on as many project proposals as you wish, sharing your proposals with others. These will initially be marked “draft” and are for use in setting up the services required for a project, agreeing contracts, going out to tender or negotiating contracts with participants.
Once a project gets the go-ahead and contract documentation is to be drawn up, licensed copies of the scopes of services need to be printed. This attracts a charge for each contract between the client and a participant (whether undertaking one role or more than one). Subsequent edits and reprints of the contract for the same participant can be made free of charge. When printing for contract use, details about the project etc., are recorded and your organisation will be invoiced by Oasys at regular intervals.
If you have a hard copy of the CIC Scope of Services, the licence code on the card bound into the front gives you a £50 credit for one contract between the client and a participant.