- Form-finding and tension structures with GSA
- 1 Day
- Central London training rooms or at your office
- On application
Learn how to use GSA to calculate and discover the optimum geometries for any sort of complex structure. This training course covers one of GSA’s staple features, form-finding. Find out more below.Enquire
The purpose of this course
The shape of tension-only and grid-shell structures is crucial to their performance. This course will teach you how to find the optimum geometries for these complex constructions, before analysing the non-linear fabrics and foils in their service condition.
Who is this course for?
This course is for GSA Fabric users who need to design tension only structures such as fabric tents or foil cladding, or compression only structures such as grid shells. You will need to have taken the Advanced use of GSA course or be at a similar standard.
You will learn how to
- Form-find fabric structures using soap-film methods
- Form-find cable-net structures using force-density methods
- Optimize geometry for applied loads
- Analyse fabric materials