A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground-breaking global projects. We have an ambitious commitment to be the digital leader in the built environment and have digital teams and experts all over the world, who collaborate on world-leading software, data and technology projects and products. Being a global team means we value people with diverse experiences, backgrounds, specialisms and skills.
OASYS is the brand through which Arup sells the market leading technical software developed by the Digital Development team in Digital Technology. OASYS software is used extensively within Arup as well as being sold to companies around the world. The OASYS commercial team is responsible for the marketing and sales of these products globally and for providing customer service and support.
We are looking for a junior sales representative to operate from within the UK and to be responsible for the sales of all our commercially available software products. The role is wide and varied and covers structural, geotechnical and pedestrian simulation software. This is an opportunity for someone to join a successful and expanding sales team supporting the business development managers in delivering the team’s sales target.
Ideally the candidate will have some knowledge of the AEC sector and experience with engineering software and/or people movement software would be desirable, although training will be given on the full range of software. An ability to adapt, to be able to learn quickly and be comfortable with new technology is needed.
This is the entry level role within the sales team. The successful candidate will work in support of the business development managers throughout the sales process with particular focus on the handling of new incoming enquiries and routine contract renewal. The vacancy has arisen following the promotion of the previous incumbent to a business development manager (BDM) role.
“Just before joining Oasys I had several job offers to pick from. Of course, the one thought on my mind after accepting the job was “I hope I made the right choice”. Looking back, it was the best possible decision I could have made. I am now surrounded by the most supportive, intelligent, creative people I could wish for. Oasys and Arup encourage all employees to think outside the box, to innovate and to be themselves. It is a truly unique place to work.” Norbert, London
You should apply if:
- You are looking to start or progress your sales career and develop your sales skills in a professional and structured team
- You have an interest in the built environment
- You are a team player who thrives in a collaborative and mutually supportive group
- Work with BDMs to monitor incoming leads to feed the new business sales pipeline
- Ensure incoming leads are recorded in the Oasys customer relationship management (CRM) system and assigned to existing accounts/contacts for follow up
- Answer incoming calls and make initial response to incoming telephone and email enquiries
- Work with BDMs to manage the subscription renewals process that is the basis of our recurring business
- Work with BDMs to research and create and manage major account maps using LinkedIn and other digital tools
- Develop your sales & marketing skills with a view to future progression within the team
- Assist admin team as required with sales related tasks
Experience and Qualifications
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- A self-motivated team player with some sales experience in a B2B environment
- Confidence and skills to engage with customers at all levels
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and develop in depth background knowledge.
- Flexibility to deal with changes to their role, team organization and competitive landscape
- Excellent English written/verbal communication skills with both non-technical as well as technical audiences. An excellent telephone manner
- Numerate with good Excel skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be willing to travel on occasion within region
Please don’t be discouraged if you don’t meet every point above – if you meet most, and are strongly motivated by the role, and willing to learn, we are still interested in hearing from you.
- You have a passion for diversity, recognizing the innovation and competitive edge that comes from a diverse highly skilled team where equal opportunities are truly valued.
- You are a mature and self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- You have the ability to empower others to succeed
- You seek quality and excellence in your work
- You are able to multi-task and work efficiently without compromising on quality
- You have an ability to manage conflicting deadlines and prioritize
- You are enthusiastic and self-motivated
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make Arup a phenomenal place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You’ll have access to a range of flexible working options – whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle – we recognise it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you’re interested in flexible working, please let us know when you apply, and we’ll discuss how this could work in your role.
Join us in shaping a better world.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
No agencies please
Stay safe online – Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process.