Oasys Suite version 17.0 released
Click the tiles below to download the latest version:
This new version of the software has exciting new features and updates within PRIMER, D3PLOT, T/HIS, REPORTER and SHELL, including:
Improved User Interface
- A modern look and feel
- New Themes and colour schemes to suit your preferences
- Improved font support (including anti-aliased fonts)
- More intuitive buttons and widgets
- Greater consistency in colour and style across the whole suite
Improved speed and performance across the Oasys LS-DYNA Environment
Comparison of checks and ability to save check status in PRIMER:
Other speed and performance highlights:
- Morphing improvements in PRIMER include speed increase, automatically morphing connections with mesh and automatic creation of multiple linear boxes
- Improved read and write speed in PRIMER – writing LS-DYNA models is now up to 3 times faster
- Contact checking speed improved in PRIMER
- Speed improvements in D3PLOT
- Library template/page selector, standard layouts and improved toolbars in REPORTER
- Default occupant ID’s for quick template setup in REPORTER
Further integration of the Oasys Suite
LS-DYNA output load profile viewing and investigation:
Improved workflow from D3PLOT and T/HIS to REPORTER – quicker and easier creation of reports and analysis captures:
Other Oasys Suite integration highlights:
- Access to error and warning data from text output files in D3PLOT
- T/HIS integration with PRIMER to aid model setup to achieved specified outputs
- T/HIS equations editor linked to PRIMER DEFINE_CURVE_FUNCTION
- Improved ZTF options to pass model information from PRIMER to D3PLOT or T/HIS
- Improved SHELL functionality for accessing Oasys Suite and submitting LS-DYNA analyses
Latest expert tools for LS-DYNA models
Improved automotive template selection for post-processing:
- Enhanced LS-DYNA keyword support including R12
- Support for I10 format which allows larger label ranges
- Improved handling of user-defined materials in PRIMER
- Improved handling of THOR dummy models in PRIMER
- Further options for interpolation of nodes during orientation in PRIMER
- Improved meshing of geometry surfaces in PRIMER
- Additions to pedestrian protection tools in PRIMER and REPORTER
- New measure options in PRIMER:
- Measure projected to global planes
- Node to plane
- Added the ability to drag items when in explode mode in PRIMER
- Further customisation of the simulation based dummy positioning setup tool in PRIMER
- Spreadsheet output of part comparison information in PRIMER
- Datum enhancements in T/HIS
- True shell thickness plotting in D3PLOT
- Improved support for human body models
For more information about the new features, please see the detailed PDFs:
- PRIMER 17.0 New Features
- D3PLOT 17.0 New Features
- T/HIS 17.0 New Features
- REPORTER 17.0 New Features
- SHELL 17.0 New Features
This version is available for 64-bit architectures on both Windows and Linux.
Release notes outlining the new bug fixes, can be downloaded here.
Following a recent review of license management solutions, for Oasys 17.0 we have decided to switch from Flexera’s FlexNet Publisher (more commonly known as “FLEXlm”) to X-Formation’s LM-X platform.
Our review found LM-X to offer comparable functionality and features to other solutions available and provides an increased level of license security in networked scenarios often utilised on high-performance computing networks.
LM-X is a well-known provider of licensing solutions and it is likely that many Oasys Ltd customers already have an LM-X license service running for other CAE tools.
The Oasys Suite 17.0 software requires a new LM-X license file which will be provided by Oasys Ltd or your Oasys distributor. If you are using a floating license server you will need to install the LM-X license server software. This can be done as part of the Oasys Suite 17.0 installation.
The Oasys Suite 17.0 LM-X license file and LM-X license daemons are backwards compatible with both the 16.x and 15.x software releases. This means that any existing 16.x and 15.x software will continue to work with new LM-X license files and servers.
We recommend that you update all your Oasys Suite license servers with the files shipped with the Oasys Suite 17.0 software, and request a new LM-X license from Oasys Ltd or your Oasys distributor.