Working from home? Let us help…
We’re continuing to do what we can to support those of you still working from home as a response to the COVID-19 situation.
Here’s some of the practical steps and top tips we are offering:
Licensing (*updated 30 June*)
To enable you to use the Oasys Software wherever you may be working, we’re providing short-term ‘Work from Home’ node-locked licenses to our clients.
Simply click here to complete the form and have the license emailed to you. This license runs to 1st August 2020.
Remote working with the Oasys LS-DYNA Environment
Click here for general advice for using the Oasys LS-DYNA Environment efficiently when working remotely.
Our software support service continues as normal. Please visit our Customer Support page to find your local support team details.
Catching up on e-learning and up-skilling (*updated 18 May*)
If you’re still looking to use your time at home to up-skill, check out our training resources on Oasys LS-DYNA CAE applications:
- Find out about the exciting features and updates in the latest releases of Oasys and LS-DYNA through our Update Webinar series
- Tutorials: downloadable tutorials allow you to work through example problems in your own time and at your own pace
- Forthcoming webinars: are delivered ‘live’ by our software experts and provide an opportunity to ask questions and interact with other like-minded attendees
- Past webinars: our back catalogue of webinars on a number of topics for you to catch up on
- LS-DYNA Examples: teach yourself some new tricks… with over 500 LS-DYNA examples from various training classes you can learn something new every day for well over a year!
And a few ideas to break up your day
If you want to do something a bit different, how about:
- Updating your LinkedIn profile – while you’re there, why not join the Oasys LS-DYNA LinkedIn group!
- Take a look at our ScriptBox resource – perhaps you’ve got a great idea for a script you’d like to write and share?
- Grab a coffee and catch up on one of the 2,266 papers from past conferences available on www.dynalook.com – from modelling ice to modelling fire and everything between!
- Take a minute to let us know what training and tutorials would be useful to you or you colleagues – we’re always looking for ideas about how we can support you better.
… and finally, some general tips if you’re still juggling working and home life!
- Distinguish between work and home mode: start your day right… get dressed, brush your teeth and get cracking!
- Work in suitable place: find a quiet area with a desk or dining table, an appropriate chair and suitable lighting
- Get set up: if possible, use a separate monitor, mouse and keyboard and make sure everything is set up comfortably
- Set some structure: work in short focused bursts (45 – 60 minutes) to maintain your concentration
- And make sure you take some breaks: leave your desk for lunch, get outside if you can (and not self-isolating!) and return refreshed
- Eat well: make time to make proper meals and drink plenty of water
- and don’t forget to stay connected: stave off the silence by having the radio on and use the technologies available to stay in contact with family, friends and colleagues… it’s important to keep in touch!
If you have any tips to share that you’ve learnt through you work from home experience, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.