Working from home? Let us help…
Like you, we’re responding to the guidance about COVID-19 and doing all we can to make sure our team can continue to support you with your work, both in office and at home.
We’ll be updating the information on here so please check back regularly.
Here’s some of the practical steps and top tips we can offer:
Licensing (*updated 7 April*)
To enable you to use the Oasys Software wherever you may be working, we’re providing short-term ‘Work from Home’ node-locked licenses to our clients.
Simply click here to complete the form and have the license emailed to you.
Remote working with the Oasys LS-DYNA Environment (*added 23 March*)
Click here for general advice for using the Oasys LS-DYNA Environment efficiently when working remotely.
Our plan is for our software support service to continue as normal. Please visit our Customer Support page to find your local support team details.
Software support cases will be allocated as normal. Please note that our support engineers will be working remotely and may not have such quick and easy access to our network and systems as they usually have to be able to investigate problems. We will of course do everything we can to provide the excellent level and speed of service that you can expect from us in normal circumstances but please bear with us if this is not the case.
Catching up on e-learning and up-skilling
If you find yourself with some time at home and want to be productive, check out our training resources on Oasys LS-DYNA CAE applications:
- Tutorials: downloadable tutorials allow you to work through example problems in your own time and at your own pace
- Forthcoming webinars: are delivered ‘live’ by our software experts and provide an opportunity to ask questions and interact with other like-minded attendees
- Past webinars: our back catalogue of webinars on a number of topics for you to catch up on
- LS-DYNA Examples: teach yourself some new tricks… with over 500 LS-DYNA examples from various training classes you can learn something new every day for well over a year!
And a few ideas to break up your day
If you want to do something a bit different, how about:
- Updating your LinkedIn profile – while you’re there, why not join the Oasys LS-DYNA LinkedIn group!
- Take a look at our ScriptBox resource – perhaps you’ve got a great idea for a script you’d like to write and share?
- Grab a coffee and catch up on one of the 2,266 papers from past conferences available on www.dynalook.com – from modelling ice to modelling fire and everything between!
- Take a minute to let us know what training and tutorials would be useful to you or you colleagues – we’re always looking for ideas about how we can support you better.
… and finally, some general tips for working from home!
- Distinguish between work and home mode: start your day right… get dressed, brush your teeth and get cracking!
- Work in suitable place: find a quiet area with a desk or dining table, an appropriate chair and suitable lighting
- Get set up: if possible, use a separate monitor, mouse and keyboard and make sure everything is set up comfortably
- Set some structure: work in short focused bursts (45 – 60 minutes) to maintain your concentration
- And make sure you take some breaks: leave your desk for lunch, get outside if you can (and not self-isolating!) and return refreshed
- Eat well: make time to make proper meals and drink plenty of water
- and don’t forget to stay connected: stave off the silence by having the radio on and use the technologies available to stay in contact with family, friends and colleagues… it’s important to keep in touch!
If you have any great tips for working remotely that you’d like to share, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.