Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Digital Technology is a team of professionals collaborating globally to support and enable over 20,000 colleagues and clients. Customer focused with a service mentality, we design and develop software, protect and run the firm’s digital infrastructure, support and maintain applications and data platforms, deliver projects, manage risk, provide consultancy and partner with strategic vendors to help enable the Arup Strategy and Digital Vision. We’re committed to transforming our catalogue of technologies to provide secure, resilient services and innovative, digital tools which will enable our members to embrace new ways of working and deliver value for our firm and clients.
OASYS is the brand through which Arup sells the market leading technical software developed by the Digital Development team in Digital Technology. OASYS software is used extensively within Arup as well as being sold to companies around the world. The OASYS commercial team is responsible for the marketing and sales of these products globally and for providing customer service and support.
We are looking for a Regional Business Development Manager to operate from within the UK and to be responsible for the sales of all our commercially available software products. The role is wide and varied and covers Structural, Geotechnical and Pedestrian Simulation Software. This is an opportunity for someone to take control of the whole of the sales development cycle in region, approaching potential customers, demonstrating the software, cross-selling to existing customers and building relationships.
Ideally the candidate will be a well-connected individual in the AEC sector and experience with engineering software and/or people movement software would be desirable, although training will be given on the full range of software. An ability to adapt between engineering disciplines is a requirement as well as being able to learn quickly and be comfortable with new technology.
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Leading business development activities for Engineering and Crowd Simulation software portfolio in the UK and Europe
- Supporting business development activities for Engineering and Pedestrian Simulation software portfolio in other areas as required
- Visiting existing customers to uncover new opportunities throughout the businesses and cross selling.
- Building a strong customer base in region from existing relationships, new lead generation and development of own opportunities
- Maintaining lead, prospect and customer contact data and communication records in CRM
- Providing regular reports on sales pipeline and regular sales forecasts
- Developing and supporting resellers with their activities in the region
- Working with the OASYS Marketing Team to formulate promotions, measure customer satisfaction and drive continual improvement.
- Attending exhibitions worldwide – typically the UK and Europe but possibly elsewhere.
- Representing OASYS at events, at briefings and functions and speaking to promote the story of our products.
- Identifying and researching new markets for OASYS product base
- Work with Product Management teams to identify market trends and opportunities to feed into their roadmaps. Providing them with customer feedback.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5 years’ experience in software sales to the built environment sector
- Technical background with software in the AEC sector
- Fundamental understanding of and experience with the entire sales process. Able to manage the entire process to completion
- Experience with CRM systems and their application to the sales process
- Confidence and skills to engage with customers at all level up to and including board directors
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and develop in depth background knowledge.
- Flexibility to deal with changes to their role, team organization and competitive landscape.
- Fundamental understanding of the sales process
- Good understanding of software marketing and the relationship between sales and marketing
- Experience in negotiating contracts with customers and suppliers
- Excellent English written/verbal communication skills with both non-technical as well as technical audiences. An excellent telephone manner.
- Numerate with good Excel skills and keen to use metrics to drive decision making.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A self-motivated team player
- Experience of working in multinational, multicultural environments
- Must be willing to travel within region and on occasion globally.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a civil engineering or a related discipline.
- Chartered Engineer status would be a plus
- You have a passion for diversity, recognizing the innovation and competitive edge that comes from a diverse highly skilled team where equal opportunities are truly valued.
- You are a mature and self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- You have the ability to empower others to succeed, giving staff the confidence and support to thrive, develop and excel at what they do
- You seek quality and excellence in your work.
- You have a passion for marketing and building brand
- You are able to multi-task and work efficiently without compromising on quality
- You have an ability to manage conflicting deadlines and prioritize
- You are enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated.
Send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.