The HYCRASH software has been developed by JSOL Corporation to allow the user
to quickly and easily add the effects of press forming into an impact analysis.
Traditionally if you wanted to add the effects of press forming into an impact analysis you would first need
to carry out a full forming analysis for each of the parts. This alone can take a significant amount of time
and present a number of difficulties such as:
- CAD data is required to mesh the die and the blank
- detailed material data is needed to model the forming process.
- results have to be mapped due to the finer mesh used in forming analyses
HYCRASH uses an inverse solver to calculate the plastic strain and thickness of a part based
only on its final geometry; no data about the die or the blank is required. This provides a reasonable
approximation of the forming effect in a much shorter time frame which is more practical for use in development work.
LS-DYNA input data produced by HYCRASH:-
- shell thickness (*Element_Shell_Thickness)
- plastic strain (*Initial_Stress_Shell)
parts selected and merge the results back into the main model.