MassMotion Change Log
Version 8.5 (Released 21st September 2016)
- Added new camera modes for tracking/following agent movement during playback (right-click on agent)
- Custom agent avatars can now be displayed alongside animated avatars
- Added obstacle map decorations for floors and approach map decorations for portals and connection objects in modelling environment
- Added ability to set edge length through new 'L' field of position editor in top right of main window
- Added hotkeys 1, 2, 3 for toggling axis during translate/rotate/scale
- Improved seek portal action to support distribution based assignment of portals
- Improved seek process chain action to support multiple process chains
- Renamed 'goto waypoint' action to 'follow sign'
- Improved evacuation event to support distribution based assignment of exits
Version 8.0.9 (Released 22nd October 2015)
- Fixed crash when viewing graph for reference action that pointed to a list action.
- Fixed crash when attempting to export dispatch geometry to file.
Version 8.0.8 (Released 1st October 2015)
- Fixed crash when viewing graph of actions with agent age test.
- Fixed bug where agent demand table could have negative duration values.
- Fixed bug where servers with multiple contact times per token would not match against agent tokens in order
- Fixed bug where "Created by" agent test wouldn't work with collections of events.
- Fixed bug where MassMotionConsole.exe would execute slowly for small projects.
- Fixed bug where deleting a SimulationRun while inspecting properties for the same object would cause a crash.
Version 8.0.6 (Released 28th August 2015)
- Fixed bug where deleting an event did not update actions or tests that referenced the event time.
- Fixed crash when importing ifc files that contained objects with large numbers of vertices.
Version 8.0.5 (Released 18th August 2015)
- Added inline viewing of action diagrams in object properties window
- Fixed bug where vehicle event did not create boarding agents when using evenly spaced demand type
- Fixed bug where converting workbench schedule with constant distribution produced incorrect demand type.
- Fixed bug where events with table based demand did not ignore negative agent count values.
- Fixed tab key ordering in some widgets
- Fixed bug where 'Has Tokens' test didn't save changes to 'All', 'Any', 'None' setting.
- Fixed crash when observing agents that had an action applied by entering or exiting a zone
- Fixed false validation error for zones which explicitly specified a stair, link, ramp, or escalator.
- Fixed regression in 8.0.4 where portal weights could not be manually edited in events.
- Fixed bug in reading of timetable colours where cyan and alternate gray spellings were case-sensitive.
- Fixed bug which resulted in crash when opening project with simulation run errors.
- Fixed bug in validation of referenced time ranges.
- Added camera rotation snapping (hold shift to snap to the nearest 15 degree rotation)
Version 8.0.4 (Released 3rd August 2015)
- Added orthogonal 'Side' camera viewpoint (can be rotated horizontally)
- Added application preferences (from 'Edit' menu) for default movie export settings
- Added support for virtual paths
- Added ability to rename objects directly from the main window using F2
- Added opacity parameter to agent path map and modified its behaviour to take agent colour from the source simulation run
- Added dynamic path map for showing agent 'trails'
- Added speed ratio graph for showing counts of agents with different actual/desired speed ratios
- Added support for importing reference geometry as ramps (including auto-detection of IfcRamp objects)
- Added ability to create normalized graphs (stacked bars or areas that sum to 100% instead of an absolute value).
- Fixed saved views for orthogonal viewpoints (eg. topdown, front, etc.)
- Fixed agents losing their way when seeking servers on a virtual floor
- Fixed audit false positives in objects with disabled properties
- Fixed issue with playback agents not hiding when on hidden floors
- Fixed inconsistencies in how multi run simulation run names were generated
- Fixed resize behaviour of object choosers when widget resizes
- Fixed false positive issue raised when DefaultProfile deleted
- Fixed false positive error/warning in simulation console when overwriting old database file
- Fixed issue where importing from an old IFC file or one with invalid geometry could cause a crash
- Fixed issue where some types of agent filters did not work with agent density graphs
- Fixed issue where server population graphs could not be toggled between combined series/series per server
- Improved options for circulation end conditions
- Changed Simplify Process Chain command to remove all connected redundant dispatches (previously only removed selected)
- Improved behaviour of mesh simplification
- Improved performance when closing projects with thousands of objects.
- Improved visibility of measuring tool points.
Version 8.0 (Released 25th June 2015)
- Added authoring of servers and process chains
- Added authoring of actions
- Added authoring of timetables
- Added authoring of action event
- Added authoring of agent avatars
- Added birth actions to journey, circulate, vehicle, and evacuate events
- Added birth action to profile
- Added agent action tests 'Entered At' and 'Initial Goal'
- Added ability to migrate SI workbench schedules and evacuation events to editable MassMotion objects
- Added actions field in agent observer window for viewing agent action history
- Added ability to specify weighted collection of profiles in events
- Added 'Instant' event demand type for creation of agents all in a single frame
- Added 'Table of intervals' event demand type for complex arrival patterns
- Added 'Color Scheme' option for colouring agents in events by entrance/exit
- Added ability to specify dwell times per portal in circulate events
- Added alembic export for rendering of simulation playback in other applications
- Added new 'Has end state' agent filter for isolating error agents during playback/analysis
- Added colour legends as overlay when displaying an analysis map
- Added new region density analysis graph
- Added improved editing of agent filters through copy/paste and drag/drop
- Changed simulation run objects to point to database file rather than results folder
- Improved 'Find' object context menus to provide more information
- Fixed bug where vehicle arrivals within 10 seconds of simulation start would not produce alighting agents for that arrival.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released 28th April 2015)
- Fixed bug which could cause a crash when starting a simulation if a goal line extended outside of a floor
- Fixed bug which did not allow most types of agent filters to be used for CSV position table export
- Fixed bug where selecting controlled flow rate per metre used the absolute flow rate value as the flow rate per metre value
- Added extra diagnostic output to aid in debugging graphics issues
Version 7.0 (Released 19 February 2015)
- Fixed bug where random seed was not respected; affected multi-run simulations or runs with custom seeds (issue MM-949)
- Added ability to simplify mesh geometry
- Added ability to snap to discrete increments when translating/rotating
- Improved graphics performance for large scenes
- Fixed bug where agent filter was not applied to agent density graph
- Added ability to 'undo' project merge or object import
- Improvements to simulation run agent filter interface
- Fixed bug in importing of reference geometry with transforms in scene hierarchy
- Added ability to toggle drawing of object edges in view
- Added 'weights' to circulation portals in circulate event
- Added ability to show graphics when running simulations from a command prompt
- Added menu for importing legacy analysis xml created using MassMotion 6.
- New vision map query
- Import textured reference geometry
- Improvements to articulated agent motion
- Minor bug fixes and user interface enhancements
- Added geometry 'knife' tool for cutting objects
- Fixed bug in exporting a new Workbench authored scene with servers
- 'Find Users' now includes users that reference an object through a collection
- Added ability to show legend in graph queries
- Improved object validation
- New authoring environment for creating and editing scene objects, events, and collections
- Articulated agents during playback
- Improved batch editing of object properties
- Support saved/bookmarked camera views
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released 3 October 2014)
- Now includes Visual Studio 2012 redistributable
- Improved distance calculations for surface maps on large floors
- Improved rate calculations for controlled flow.
- New 'Delay Distribution Exiting' property for links, stairs, ramps, and escalators.
- Reduced agent jittering when agent delayed at a link.
- Movie capture settings persist after the movie export window has been closed.
- Added a new 'Very High' movie quality setting.
- Introduction of new Qt based UI for MassMotion Application
- Introduction of new SQLite based data recording
- Improved playback speeds and controls
- Powerful new filter and trip based analysis tools
- Create and export analysis maps, graphs, tables, and histograms
- Create images and movies directly from MassMotion 3D views
- New Timetable based agent and event scheduling
- Video capture directly from within MassMotion application
- Fixed bug (8653) Waiting agents given an EvacuateZone task when not in zone are deleted
- Fixed bug (7734) where the gate symbols for path actors were not displayed correctly for bidirecitonal paths.
- Fixed bug (7735) in priority flow for gates selectively opened by token.
- Major structural changes and too many bug fixes to mention.
- Added support for Priority Flow property on links, ramps, stairs, and paths.
- Paths can now be bidirectional.
- Added a new 'Wait Until Time' action.
- Bug fixes for IFC importing.
- Changes to the costing of the vertical components of routes (agents now factor in their own speed when costing stairs/escalators).
- Automatically rebuild actors when they fail validation due to unwanted transforms.
- Improved tools for importing/exporting agents schedules.
- New Geometry tools for creating simplified stair, ramp, and escalator geometry from complex geometry.
- Fixed bug (7657) where evacuation events did not interrupt agents in a process chain.
- Fixed bug (7658) to make 'avatar type by entrance' the default in an agent schedule (to avoid creating agents with undefined avatars).
- Fixed bug (7662) where agent would ignore backtrack cost for floor on which a new 'seek' action was applied.
- Fixed bug which triggered false-positive warnings during validation for server in-ports that were part of a group (warning removed).
- Fixed bug (7652) where portions of the simulation were not using all available cores on machines with less than 8 cores.
- Fixed bug (7653) where multiple runs with the same seed produced different results when using controlled flow links.
- Fixed bug (7588) where JourneyTimesByFloor.csv was corrupt when agent schedule did not specify an agent avatar.
- Fixed bug (7591) where agents given a new taks while on a path would freeze or teleport to the start of the curve.
- Fixed bugs (7501 7502) where multiple runs with the same seed produced different results on machines with 8 or more cores.
- Added IFC import option to either specify IFC file units or auto-detect based on IFC metadata.
- Fixed bug (7451) where portals not configured as exits were still generating route tree information.
- Fixed bug (7450) where duplicates of DefaultProfile were also marked as defaults and couldn't be deleted.
- Fixed crashes when drawing certain action graph relationships.
- Fixed bug in display of token 'users' and action 'users' (was showing incorrect users).
- Added ability to display debug information about actions as they are applied to an agent.
- Fixed bug where 'random' assign type for server groups was executing as 'smallest queue'.
- Added ability to enable/disable actions.
- Fixed bug where agents were sometimes not aware of neighbours on the other side of a goal line (link edge).
- Fixed bug which caused crash when opening projects older than 2.1.95
- Added support for importing IFC escalator types.
- Fixed bug in improper handling of some vertex normals for objects imported from IFC.
- Added initial support for generating graph based drawings of action relationships.
- Added 'Action Log' for displaying a record of the application of an action on an agent.
- Changed the simulator 'Open Project' dialog around to have 'Debug' and 'Graphics' tabs.
- Added 'Flow Limit' entry to simulator display of link, stair, ramp, escalator properties.
- Added 'Automatically Start When Open' option to Open Project dialog in Simulator.
- Fixed bug in validation of process chain port groups.
- Fixed bug in the referencing of auto generated agent schedules.- Added 'Expected Agent Count' property to selected schedule in simulator.
- Added 'Agent Spacing' property to path and server actors to control separation between agents
- Fixed bug where density of extermely large link queues could sometimes exceed theoretical max of 5.5 ppl/(m*m).
- Fixed bug where population count was not displayed correctly during a Workbench playback.
- Added 'Show Measuring Tool' entry to Workbench Mass_Motion menu.
- Added extra 'Add' button to List Group Actions to allow new entries to be inserted at the beginning of the group.
- Fixed bug which caused a crash when the queue size of a single link exceeded a certain count (>10k)
- Added 'Reset Default Avatars' entry to Workbench Mass_Motion menu.
- Added Workbench validation of server actors and process chain connections to ensure proper construction before export.
- Fixed bug where Workbench was not displayed on Softimage startup.- Added 'Show Workbench' entry to Workbench Mass_Motion menu (will ensure Workbench is displayed).